Krinklewood Organic & Biodynamic Vineyard
Krinklewood is a French-inspired boutique Winery, Cellar Door, Vineyard and farmstay Accommodation, set on the banks of the Wollombi Brook, against the magical backdrop of the Brokenback Range. Krinklewood was established in 1981 and has been certified Organic & Biodynamic since 2007, producing on-site renowned wines with distinguished varietal character. The vineyard is treated as a living ecosystem and all operations are holistic and sustainable. Krinklewood is a must-visit on any visit to the Hunter Valley.
The vision for Krinklewood is simple;
- To make people think about the earth and the impact we’re having.
- Become a number 1 NSW destination for awarded certified organic/biodynamic wine, memorable weddings + events, sustainable accommodation, mental health and creativity.
About the role
We're seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with an excellent work ethic. The successful candidate will take pride in the their work and demonstrate an ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
The position will be on-site 5 days, including weekends. Reporting directly to the Vineyard & Farm Manager.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to :
- General grounds maintenance duties including – operation of front deck mowers, push mowers, brush cutters, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, backpack blowers, front end loader/backhoe.
- General garden duties including - weeding, pruning, planting (trees and plants), mulching, composting, turfing, hand watering.
- Operation of irrigation systems including installation and repairs of solenoids, sprinklers, pipe work and wiring.
- Weed and pest management.
- Machinery maintenance and basic mechanical repairs.
- Preparing/Presenting the grounds and gardens each week to the highest standards.
- Maintenance of the tennis courts, pool and cellar door facilities.
- Operating and repairing irrigation systems.
- Operating front deck mowers and general gardening machinery including maintenance and basic repairs.
Successful candidate should have :
- Interest in grounds and gardens maintenance.
- Certificate in horticulture or equivalent (or willing to get)
- A strong mindset around OH&S safety.
- Tickets in chainsaw and tractor operation or willing to learn.
- Must be fit, energetic and capable of completing a range of physical tasks.
- Good communication and eye for detail is essential
Base Salary $55,000 + Super
In addition to your salary package, you will have a blanket discount of 40% off retail wine & merchandise. You will also enjoy becoming a premium wine club member and an annual complimentary nights accommodation in one of our award-winning cabins.
Email email@example.com with your CV & cover letter